Bernardo, 28, has wanted to move to Barcelona and earlier this month, Guardiola said he “did not know” what was going to happen.
The Athletic then reported last week that Bernardo was ready to commit his immediate future to City and give up on a move to Barcelona for this season at the least.
And Guardiola has now confirmed that Bernardo is set to remain in Manchester.
“We don’t have any phone call from any club regarding Bernardo Silva, so he will stay,” Guardiola said on Friday.
This is the second summer in a row Barcelona have coveted Bernardo, but last year the Portuguese midfielder accepted a move would not happen and enjoyed a very successful season with City.
Barcelona’s financial difficulties are well-documented and they have had trouble registering their summer signings. Jules Kounde had to miss their first two La Liga matches of the season as a result. He has now been registered.
Bernardo, meanwhile, started his first match of the season against Newcastle United last Sunday. He scored and assisted as City draw 3-3.
Bernardo also started in City’s friendly against Barcelona on Thursday.
Bernardo focused on staying at City as Barcelona move fades
(Photo: Getty Images)